Re: How to log user activity?

spam_at_steve.org.uk
Date: 02/25/05

Date: 25 Feb 2005 09:49:32 -0800

exquisitus wrote:
> I am about to allow external users to log onto my dev machine,
accross
> the internet. I would like to log their activities so that I can
perform
> an audit trail. Anyone knows how to do this/or a utility/script that
> allows me to do this?

  Depending on your operating system you might find "snoopy" useful,
 it will log all processes executed, via the use of LD_PRELOAD, to
 syslog.

  Under Debian you can install it easily, and it's described briefly
 here:

   http://www.debian-administration.org/?article=88

  Snoopy lives here:

   http://sourceforge.net/projects/snoopylogger/

Steve

--
www.steve.org.uk

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How to log user activity?
    ... > I am about to allow external users to log onto my dev machine, accross ... > the internet. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • How to log user activity?
    ... I am about to allow external users to log onto my dev machine, accross ... the internet. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: How to log user activity?
    ... >> I am about to allow external users to log onto my dev machine, ... >> accross the internet. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Mixed mode WSE authentication (of internal/external WinForm client
    ... that means dual admin of users and passwords and security rights. ... create them an account and make them a member of only the "External Users" ... > The plan is to move the web services server to our DMZ, ... > external clients connecting via the internet (i.e. they will be supplying ...
  • Re: Problem with Policy Definition
    ... Do the external users log into the network as domain users with your ... supplied computers or are they coming with their own computers and plugging ... intranet access + internet access ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)