Re: content filter design

From: Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez (jkerouac_at_bgsec.com)
Date: 02/12/05

    Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 12:36:28 +0100

    Sridhar Natarajan wrote:
    > i( an amateur in firewall design) am planning to design a content
    > filter in linux. i need help in these questions
    > * can connection tracking be done using content filters for
    > apllication layer protocols like tracing dns requests and replies?
    > *to what extent does tracing the packets at network layer rather than
    > at the proxy improve the speed ?
    > Please help.Thanks in advance.

    I would take a look at the code of iptables, because
    the libipq library could be useful for this.

    Regards.

    --
    Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
    Director Tecnico de bgSEC

    • Re: Colorado Daily (Boulder) comics lineup
      ... Non Sequitur - strip version ... More student papers should have such cojones. ... "The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to ... burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders ...
      (rec.arts.comics.strips)
    • Re: Securing web site with redundancy ?
      ... High Availability at the same time, as the heartbeat you ... The only people for me are the mad ones -- the ones who are mad to live, ... the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn ... Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Re: The Extraordinary Adventures of Ordinary Basil
      ... Wiley does and people who love everything he does, ... "The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to ... burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders ...
      (rec.arts.comics.strips)
    • Re: Monitoring software question
      ... tells port and protocol connected to and what local pc did ... bgSEC Seguridad y Consultoria de Sistemas Informaticos ... The only people for me are the mad ones -- the ones who are mad to live, ... the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: What to do if they ignore you
      ... > My company provides outsource security management/monitoring services. ... The only people for me are the mad ones -- the ones who are mad to live, ... the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn ... Test Your IDS ...
      (Incidents)