Re: Newbie: how do I limit a user to just a home directory?

Pat_Tongco_at_spamcdo.org
Date: 02/01/05

    Date: 1 Feb 2005 19:08:18 GMT

    On 2005-02-01, Chris <anon> wrote:
    > I'd like to create a login where the user isn't able to escape from their
    > home directory. I don't want them to be able to see or access anything else
    > on the machine. My purpose is to allow customers to be able to log in using
    > SSH and use SCP to send me files by putting them in their home directory. I
    > don't want them to be able to do anything else.
    >
    > How do I configure things to make this happen?
    >
    > I'm using SuSE Linux 9.1 (2.6 kernel).

    Try letting them log in in a restricted shell
    eg. bash -r

    --
    - Pat Tongco
    2.6.10-ck5.012105

    • Newbie: how do I limit a user to just a home directory?
      ... I'd like to create a login where the user isn't able to escape from their ... SSH and use SCP to send me files by putting them in their home directory. ... I'm using SuSE Linux 9.1 (2.6 kernel). ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • vsftpd problem
      ... Im having a few problems with vsftpd - users can login ok (no anon ... access) and start in their home directory. ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: [SLE] Hacked?
      ... >non-root user was created and used successfully for about a week. ... AS root we reset the password and can now login on a character ... we tried removing this use and his home directory along with all ... I use rsync nightly to backup my entire home directory into a ...
      (SuSE)
    • user login error on CDE
      ... The DT messaging system could not be started ... Select Failsafe Session from the login screen's option menu and login ... Check to see any magic cookie related error messages in these locations: ... -F on home directory, so I shutdown nfs server, unshared the home directory. ...
      (SunManagers)
    • Re: Changing account home directory in Solaris 10
      ... the account home directory stated: ... There is no problem when the acc login. ... # At present there isn't a 'files' backend for netgroup; ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)