Re: linux firewall design

From: prg (rdgentry1_at_cablelynx.com)
Date: 01/24/05

Date: 24 Jan 2005 10:51:15 -0800

Sridhar Natarajan wrote:
> I am bound to design a firewall using iptables(1.2.7a). i have
> compiled the kernel with necessary config parameters.Can any one help
> me with the right resource in linux packet filter design?

http://www.linuxguruz.com/iptables/
See especially the Tutorial section.

> If i would
> design a proxy for my firewall,can it be done any way better than
> "squid"?

_You_ won't do _better_ than squid (perhaps different) and the
widepread use of squid insures there is plenty of help setting it
up/maintaining it. It's been quite some time since I've even looked
for/at other proxies. And it's versatility will grow with your needs.
Other apps can/do make use of squid.
> Plz help.

hope this does,
prg