Re: hidden files

From: Mike (honey_at_michaelmoyse.co.uk)
Date: 01/24/05

Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 09:49:49 +0000

mat bike wrote:

> Hi Ppl,
>
> I am facing a problem with a linux box passed to me. There are hidden
> files I cannot access unless I know the name. No, the files are not
> .files. How can this be possible? How can I list (at least) them?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> mat

The only way to hide files in Linux is to put a period in front of the
name. ls -a will show all files.

So what exactly do *you* mean by hidden files?

--
------------------------------------
Real email to mike. The header email is a spam trap and you will be

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Help my deviant desire!
    ... > up in my linux box via fetchmail or maybe even kmail. ... > roadkill address. ... If it is, and its yours, it's just another of your real email ... David Jardine ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: usb gadgets and xilinx
    ... I need your real email address if I am to reply off-list. ... "linux pc" into my fpgas to replace what was traditionally done by custom ... control processor designs and software. ... coregen module that Xilinx provides but it's turning out to be more ...
    (comp.arch.fpga)
  • Re: hidden files
    ... mat bike na grupi comp.os.linux.security pise: ... > I am facing a problem with a linux box passed to me. ... if your fs is ext2/ext3 you can try raw access to partition with ... sucess on cd to dir of pid and does it list in ls /proc/ | grep $pid ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: A better title
    ... I'd like to be able to setup my linux box ... > to be able to somehow route stuff in such a way that email sent to ... > like to be able to hide my real email address and use my roadkill ...
    (Debian-User)