Re: using ethereal

From: Mike (honey_at_michaelmoyse.co.uk)
Date: 01/13/05

Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 17:23:02 +0000

Jason Benway wrote:
> I have Fedora Core 3. When I did my install I did not install X windows or
> any GUI. I also did not install ethereal.
> Now I would like to use ethereal, so I installed Xwindows and KDE. I used
> yum install ethereal and it showed it installed it. But I cannot figure out
> how to run ethereal. I cannot find any binary to run. I found one post that
> said I should have an ethereal file under /usr/X11R6/bin but I don't.
>
> thank you
> jb

Should be in your path so just type ethereal

or

which ethereal

or

find / -name ethereal

or

Roll your sleeves up, download the source, configure it to install it
where *you* want and compile it.

You will probably need to be root to run it. However, personally I use
sudo to run it.

--
Real email to mike. The header email is a spam trap and you will be