Re: using ethereal

From: Mike (honey_at_michaelmoyse.co.uk)
Date: 01/13/05

Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 17:23:02 +0000

Jason Benway wrote:
> I have Fedora Core 3. When I did my install I did not install X windows or
> any GUI. I also did not install ethereal.
> Now I would like to use ethereal, so I installed Xwindows and KDE. I used
> yum install ethereal and it showed it installed it. But I cannot figure out
> how to run ethereal. I cannot find any binary to run. I found one post that
> said I should have an ethereal file under /usr/X11R6/bin but I don't.
>
> thank you
> jb

Should be in your path so just type ethereal

or

which ethereal

or

find / -name ethereal

or

Roll your sleeves up, download the source, configure it to install it
where *you* want and compile it.

You will probably need to be root to run it. However, personally I use
sudo to run it.

--
------------------------------------
Real email to mike. The header email is a spam trap and you will be

Relevant Pages

  • Re: For the Windoze haters - VS2005
    ... I must say that the install process had me cursing. ... first time produced a GUI that even the GUI developers were impressed ... by (of course not a fully functioning app), and I am not a GUI ... considering that probably 90% of my audience are windows users. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Vector Linux
    ... the Windows partition has ... manager and thus a graphical login screen. ... As for the GUI, when you load the LiveCD of Vector, you are defaulted ... When you then install off the LiveCD, ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: wxpython ms-dos black window popping up in background
    ... GUI created by PyGTK, it seems that to install the application on each ... one Windows machine to work on a very slightly different windows ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Creating a task launcher.....
    ... > must learn and unfortunately GUIs tend to avoid any learning from the ... but I don't know) do something that Windows ... It could be handled entirely through the GUI. ... > well as some programs purely install in C:\ ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Vector Linux
    ... that not all Linux OS's require you to get in and do ALL of the mount ... the Windows partition has been an auto ... As for the GUI, when you load the LiveCD of Vector, you are defaulted into ... When you then install off the LiveCD, ...
    (alt.os.linux)