Re: Why is SunRPC open

From: prg (rdgentry1_at_cablelynx.com)
Date: 12/30/04

Date: 30 Dec 2004 06:11:08 -0800

srm wrote:
> I did a netstat on my system which was mostly unsurprising except for
the
> fact that it was listening on 0.0.0.0:111. A bit of Googling tells me
that
> this is SunRPC and might be associated with NIS/ypbind (which I did
install
> at one point but no longer use). Anyone any thoughts on what this
might be
> or how I go about finding what's listening on this port?
>
> --
> @+

$ man rpcinfo
$ rpcinfo -p

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Upgrade to 2.6.24 breaks NFS service
    ... statd expects that lockd will always be listening on a ... UDP socket and some changes recently made it so that when there are ... even upgrading nfs-utils (although I did that anyway, ... happens again I'll get some rpcinfo output and packet dumps. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Why is SunRPC open
    ... I did a netstat on my system which was mostly unsurprising except for the ... fact that it was listening on 0.0.0.0:111. ... A bit of Googling tells me that ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Which program is running on a specific port (1830)?
    ... There is a program / process which is listening to the port 1830 on my ... UNIX system. ... "rpcinfo". ...
    (comp.unix.admin)
  • Re: paging the network/TCP-isti
    ... Checking for open ports using grc.com ... showed these TCP connections to be 'stealthed'. ... If you do "netstat -na" it will display addresses ... Listening anyway means that there is NO connection. ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: Unknown ports
    ... BP>>> lsof | grep LISTEN ... BP> LISTEN to look for matches with netstat. ... BP>> clearly that you are running a NFS server. ... BP>>> how can it be listening when closed? ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)