Re: MSN crash

From: Nobody (nobody_at_nowhere.net)
Date: 12/23/04

Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 20:45:18 GMT

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 15:40:37 +0000, l0n3_w012ph wrote:

> Hello,
>
> yesterday I posted a message about ethereal (thanks again to everyone who
> responded). The reason I wanted to see the traffic that flows through my
> router is this:

WOW
I don't know how to monitor the traffic but I suggest you install some
linux distro, then download http://amsn.sourceforge.net/ or
http://gaim.sourceforge.net/ to get all her msn fun. I have an older
p2-333 w/384 mb ram on a 3.2 gb HD on RedHat 7.3 that my kids use. It's
behind a router. The kids like AMSN cause it looks very close to MSN but
with all the linux security (no virus/spyware/trojan). I know it's an old
distro BUT it's behind a firewall and I have http://www.fs-security.com/
installed and all ports are closed.
Good luck and Seasons Greetings!

Mike

Relevant Pages

  • Re: New hotspot.... how?
    ... When I refer to my router before, means if I use that router like a router ... > antenna or panel antenna) to "illuminate" one wall of the building. ... >>If I install AP devices along the long arm, ... Bandwidth management ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    ... doesn't have the disk to reinstall it, I wonder if I can install the ... Wireless Zero Configuration, which should be on her hard drive. ... router for a Linksys N router, ... IRQ conflicts are due to bad or conflicting IRQs for hardware ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    ... doesn't have the disk to reinstall it, I wonder if I can install the ... Wireless Zero Configuration, which should be on her hard drive. ... router for a Linksys N router, ... IRQ conflicts are due to bad or conflicting IRQs for hardware ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    ... doesn't have the disk to reinstall it, I wonder if I can install the ... Wireless Zero Configuration, which should be on her hard drive. ... router for a Linksys N router, ... IRQ conflicts are due to bad or conflicting IRQs for hardware ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: System problems with date set >27 July
    ... Install a good firewall - one that blocks unwanted outbound traffic as well ... Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User ... > router, some programs would not work, and so on. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)