Re: Smoothwall website hacked

From: stephane nasdrovisky (stephane.nasdrovisky_at_uniway.be)
Date: 11/24/04

Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 18:17:09 +0100

>> Mike <honey@michaelmoyse.co.uk> writes:
>>> Missed point alert!
>>>
>>> compromised due to a security hole in the PHP web forum code. I fail to see how any firewall
>>
>> The phrase you're looking for is `application firewall'.
>>
> point me in the direction that can protect against unkown exploits in PHP
> code/applications or sloppy coding in the same.

www.bee-ware.net 's intelliwall, www.ubizen.be 's dmz-shield,
www.checkpoint.com 's vpn-1 (with application intelligence /
smartdefense), www.symantec.com 's sef, apache config (security is not a
product or a sum of products, it's more a process), marcus ranum's best
firewall
(www.ranum.com/security/computer_security/papers/a1-firewall/index.html)

Relevant Pages

  • RE: LAMP on RHEL 5 (Server)
    ... Is there a straightforward way to upgrade PHP without messing with the dependencies too much? ... LAMP on RHEL 5 ... the issue was the firewall settings - running 'service iptables stop' disabled the firewall and allowed me to access the server from an external machine. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Restricting access to a website
    ... If, for example, my website is www .lahdedah. ... Yes or no would do and a PHP ... It can all be done in the Apache ... work on a shared server for a number of reasons - like he doesn't have access to the firewall configuration and the firewall is web host blind - it doesn't know that the request should be restricted only for one of the sites on the server, ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: PHP as web proxy ?
    ... > I need to use a PHP app as a sort of a web proxy ... > I have a mailserver with own web server and web interface. ... similarly to this I am behind a firewall here at work.... ... connecting to an IMAP server where the IMAP ports are blocked on the ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: PHP as web proxy ?
    ... > I need to use a PHP app as a sort of a web proxy ... > I have a mailserver with own web server and web interface. ... similarly to this I am behind a firewall here at work.... ... connecting to an IMAP server where the IMAP ports are blocked on the ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Firewall GUI
    ... anfangen mich mit der Firewall auseinander zu setzen. ... Allerdings bin ich persönlich der Meinung, sowas (webserver, PHP) ... Ich würde die pf.conf lieber auf einen ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.bsd)