Re: Unix NOT secure against Viruses on home PCs

From: Daniel Mewes (danielmewes_at_web.de)
Date: 10/01/04

Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 06:22:37 +0200

Bev A. Kupf wrote:

> What was posted is no virus - it has no mechanism for
> propagation, or to attach itself to other files.

It attaches to source trees...

Regards,
Daniel Mewes

Relevant Pages

  • Re: saving word docs to my mac desktop
    ... 1- The webmail software is erroneously generating the virus alert (which is ... to Yahoo Mail which is responsible for the alerts. ... Normal template & see if it causes the same alert when you attach it. ... i complete a new word doc on either my iMac or Macbook, ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: Notify about using the e-mail account.
    ... But the virus has been removed (see attached text, ... The original attachment was of the .zip type, ... > How are we to know this isn't a spoofed spam email trying to get us to ... > ad> For further details see the attach. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Attachments Corrupted?
    ... Although I'm not sure about the current situation I am sure that reinstaling Office isn't the way to handle it... ... It would help if you supplied the exact wording of the message you receive, but for starters it doesn't necessarily mean that a virus is involved. ... Secondly, Entourage - AFAIK - doesn't scan for viruses in the documents you attach, so I suspect that message is being triggered by something else... ... If you ahven't been in the habit of doing so when updating OS X & most other software it might also be a good idea to run Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office)
  • Re: i know who sent me a virus. virus name is..
    ... What did the subject heading say? ... in order to read the attach you have to use ... > gif file and a document.zip file. ... > program said it was a virus. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Out Of Office Template
    ... How can I attach an icon to my template (i.e. ... > the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)