Re: Unix NOT secure against Viruses on home PCs

From: stephen (stephen_at_aloss.net)
Date: 10/01/04

Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 04:14:23 GMT

I feel less secure with Linux than I did with Windows, but I use
Linux anyway because I like Linux and I hate Windows.

Sure, I have to think a bit more about iptables than I did about
ZoneAlarm, and maybe I leave holes that ZoneAlarm would automatically
plug, but I still don't care. All my really important data are in pure
text anyway. And backed up.

So whatever... I don't really have a problem. The way things go, I clean
my drive every now and then with the latest-2 distro.

I still have my data.

So what are you trying to prove? That there's no guarantee?

Well - duh!

At least I don't have to put up with a 'My Downloads' uh 'Folder' that
won't go away no matter how many times My deletes it.

Truth is 'My' always resolves to 'Bill'. Pun intended.

I choose freedom.

My choice gives others freedom I'd prefer they didn't have, but that's the
price of it, isn't it?

So -uhm - so what?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: reading MS outlook-file under linux
    ... >All people who hate windows, forgive me this question, but i have to use ... >What i want is that i can also read my mails when i boot my pc under linux. ... >i would create an own partition on my harddisk, ... >would place my outlook pst file. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [RANT] What a waste of time...
    ... computing is about freedom, use what works and what you are ... I recall my first couple of weeks with linux I about ... much and hate windows so much now. ... boot system, put linux on its own drive, then just boot into linux now and ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: DVD43
    ... I really hate windows and its perpetual battle with viruses. ... I finally got LimeWire to work. ... But I can't make DVD43 work with wine. ... I also need RS1 to work in Linux. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: zara - stuck in an endless loop.
    ... I bought my first Mac just 3 weeks ago after having a Windows PC for ... hate Windows or Linux, but I now know there is better, and I feel ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: sick of Linux bias
    ... > While I don't hate windows, it is NOT up to par with Linux in terms of ... > potential security and stability that Linux has to offer. ...
    (alt.computer.security)