Re: How do I unlock a specific user for telnet?

From: Keith Keller (kkeller-usenet_at_wombat.san-francisco.ca.us)
Date: 09/13/04

Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 11:33:27 -0700

Relevant Pages

  • wrong # args: should be "proc name args body"
    ... The program is to use ssh / telnet to connect to a host based on ... spawn ssh -l $userid $_host ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • RE: Commentary on the seven words
    ... When I was an operating systems programmer we all too often forgot that the Operating system existed to support the application, not the other way around. ... A Because the application that we run uses a telnet client that doesn't support ssh - and that's why I can't run ssh on this system. ... I administrate one system that has 128 clients on it and it's ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Commentary on the seven words
    ... A Because the application that we run uses a telnet client that doesn't ... support ssh - and that's why I can't run ssh on this system. ... General Red Hat Linux discussion list ... >operating system and utility advice and assistance and there are SEVEN ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: I do not get ssh. Why is it more secure?
    ... How is this any more secure that plain old telnet? ... And, well, I just don't get the advantage of ssh ... If you put your ssh server on port 12345, it will be free from attacks. ... SSH connections, in the hands of someone who actually knows what they are doing, have the benefit of treating a remote machine as a remote machine. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Commentary on the seven words
    ... routinely asked to help with enabling rsh and telnet. ... Shoot, I use SSH & all that, but if I wanted to allow it for some ... > I wrote in with a complaint that Linux will allow a process (like Tar, ... I administrate one system that has 128 clients ...
    (RedHat)