Re: Dos attack

From: NeoSadist (neosad1st_at_charter.net)
Date: 08/24/04

    Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 19:58:27 -0600

    Jim G. wrote:

    > How do I stop a Dos Syn Attack. My isp has already stopped Upd connections
    > from hitting my servers, but I still have 225,000 connections to my 5
    > servers from a Syn attack. My load balancer is doing well keeping up and I
    > read something about tcp_syncookies will that help if I enable it? I am
    > behind a firewall, but its still causing my site to slow.
    >
    > Help!!!
    >
    > Jim

    Syn cookies. Google for it. Read up on it.

    --
    Your lucky number is 3552664958674928.  Watch for it everywhere.

    • Re: Dos attack
      ... Jim G. wrote: ... > servers from a Syn attack. ... not allowing incoming SYN except when necessary anyways, but then again, ... Yesterday I was a dog. ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: Some messages being lost...Looking for a tool
      ... > servers have multiple newsgroup servers. ... "Jim Carlock" wrote in message ... >>> I'm looking for a tool that can set the high message number ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Removing Exchange 5.5 sites after migration to EX2k
      ... services object for Exchange administrative groups. ... >Hi Jim, ... >Please do not send mail directly to this alias. ... The servers are off but they ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange2000.general)
    • Re: Some messages being lost...Looking for a tool
      ... > servers have multiple newsgroup servers. ... "Jim Carlock" wrote in message ... >>> I'm looking for a tool that can set the high message number ...
    • Re: BUG REPORT: When a newsgroup server goes down...
      ... You'll live longer, Jim, if you resolve to learn what an application *does* ... OE loses information about specific newsgroup ... > because news servers sometimes do have problems and the ...