Dos attack

From: Jim G. (jgrago_at_NO_SPAM-twcny.rr.com)
Date: 08/24/04

Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 22:24:22 GMT

How do I stop a Dos Syn Attack. My isp has already stopped Upd connections
from hitting my servers, but I still have 225,000 connections to my 5
servers from a Syn attack. My load balancer is doing well keeping up and I
read something about tcp_syncookies will that help if I enable it? I am
behind a firewall, but its still causing my site to slow.

Help!!!

Jim

Relevant Pages

  • HELP Under Attack
    ... How do I stop a Dos Syn Attack. ... My isp has already stopped Upd connections ... from hitting my servers, but I still have 225,000 connections to my 5 ... servers from a Syn attack. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: HELP Under Attack
    ... > connections from hitting my servers, but I still have 225,000 ... > connections to my 5 servers from a Syn attack. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Dos attack
    ... Jim G. wrote: ... > servers from a Syn attack. ... My load balancer is doing well keeping up and I ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)