Re: iptables:how to detect multiple IPs servers

From: jack (not_at_all.org)
Date: 08/19/04

    Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 22:20:19 +0200

    Bartosz Kowalski wrote:
    > Server has multiple IPs. How to detect trafic to all its possible IP and
    > redirect it to one destination IP.

    Your ISP will route all that traffic (all packets destinated to one of
    Your public IPs) to Your router. You simply need to redirect them onto
    Your local LAN.

    Depending of how You configured Your LAN, You may use the DNAT or the
    MASQ target.

    Please send more info if You want to get more specific advice.

    Cheers, Jack.

    My personal reading of the string "MicroSoft" expands to "NanoWeak"...

    • Re: iptables:how to detect multiple IPs servers
      ... > Server has multiple IPs. ... > redirect it to one destination IP. ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • iptables:how to detect multiple IPs servers
      ... Server has multiple IPs. ... redirect it to one destination IP. ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: Site and Content Rules - Not working
      ... to the user a page containing an explaination on why the destination they ... It seems that ISA can't work out the "all sites ... > "Not a Work Related Site" message, since you can only redirect on a Deny ... >>> the client machines. ...
      (microsoft.public.isa.configuration)
    • RE: IPv6 Redirects & local destinations
      ... This failure showed up in the IPv6 Ready Logo test suites and I am fixing it. ... when both the Redirect Destination and the Redirect Target are the same ... the destination is supposed to be on-link). ...
      (freebsd-net)
    • IE and multiple DNS IP failover method
      ... How will IE handle sites that return multiple IPs for the ... same destination when a DNS query is sent? ... What will the browser do - ...