Re: Don't know if SSH was ever designed to do this, but...

From: Olivier (olivierwarez_at_netscape.net)
Date: 08/10/04

    Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 21:52:48 +0200

    Chris Adams wrote:
    > G'day,
    >
    > I'm wondering if it's possible to tunnel a TCP connection using shell
    > redirection over an ssh connection? The sshd I wish to tunnel through
    > happens to have AllowTcpForwarding set to no, and I'd like to be able to
    > tunnel through it to get to my home network, mainly to use RDP on port 3389
    > (winxp remote desktop).

    Why don't you do it the "other" way?

    If I understand well, you are located at <a> and you want to connect to
    <xp> thanks and sshd at <b> ?

    => install sshd on <a> ( and allow port forwarding )
    make the <xp> box connect (via ssh) to <a> and make it forward its local
    port 3389 to whatever you want on <a>

    Use private key to avoid keyboard authentication ( so that you can
    automate the connection )
    Looks much easier!