stopping telnet

From: rb (me_at_u.com)
Date: 06/15/04

Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:57:17 +0200

Hi All,

As I am new to the world of Linux, I hope you guys can help me.
I have set up a redhat i[ptable firewall.
In my rules I have started out with dropping everythuing, then enabeling
certain ports. One of them being smtp/25.
This firewall sits infront of a windows network.
Altho no one can telnet throu to the linux box, they still seem to be able
to telnet throu to the mail server, which is sitting on a NT server. I have
looked on nt services to try and disable the telnet service, buit there is
none, and I understand that NT never came with a telnet server. I am at a
loss as to how they can telnet in. Be that as it may, I thought of stopping
any telnet protocol at the linux firewall, but have no clue as to hbow to do
that.

Thanks
Robert