How to permit selective SSH access?

From: Reply-Via-Newsgroup Thanks (newsgroup_at_fiproject-com.com)
Date: 06/03/04

Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 10:00:48 -0700

Folks,

I have tried reading the 'man' page on ssh and attempted to configure

/etc/ssh/hosts.equiv
.shosts

to only permit access to the server from a select number of IP addresses
however it doesn't work (meaning access is permitted from all IP
addresses regardless of origin).

I just placed the IP addresses in the above files - Can someone provide
me with some examples or suggest where I am going wrong?

Please reply via the newsgroup so all can learn,

Thanks in advance,
Randell D.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How to permit selective SSH access?
    ... > only permit access to the server from a select number of IP addresses ... Forgive the self-promotion, but I do actually think it's relevant... ... I wanted to be able to access my computers via SSH from anywhere on the ... and my server is a 16MHz 68030 Macintosh). ...
    (linux.redhat.misc)
  • Re: How to permit selective SSH access?
    ... > only permit access to the server from a select number of IP addresses ... Forgive the self-promotion, but I do actually think it's relevant... ... I wanted to be able to access my computers via SSH from anywhere on the ... and my server is a 16MHz 68030 Macintosh). ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: How to permit selective SSH access?
    ... > only permit access to the server from a select number of IP addresses ... Forgive the self-promotion, but I do actually think it's relevant... ... I wanted to be able to access my computers via SSH from anywhere on the ... and my server is a 16MHz 68030 Macintosh). ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: How to permit selective SSH access?
    ... >> I have tried reading the 'man' page on ssh and attempted to configure ... >> to only permit access to the server from a select number of IP ... > I have iptables set up to deny access from anyone to anything. ...
    (linux.redhat.misc)