Re: Remote access to my machine

From: Takeshi (do.not.spam.me_at_work.com)
Date: 05/21/04

Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 15:07:57 +0000 (UTC)

Maybe I should just use VnC ?

Sandro Mangovski wrote:

> On Fri, 21 May 2004 13:33:44 +0000, Takeshi wrote:
>

>>No. I will use CVS as the repository, but this is essentially a
>>connectivity/security problem. I want the user to login on my machine
>>and work on code with intellectual property rights (without being able
>>to copy the files back onto his machine).
>

> Isn't that impossible? I mean, if he can read the file, he can always
> copy it.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Setting up CVS repository and avoiding Selinux issues?
    ... I am trying to get my CVS repository setup. ... I got selinux permission errors. ... and about using selinux context with more ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: cvs question
    ... I did a cvsup on www & ... you can use anon cvs and something like: ... % setenv CVSROOT:pserver:freebsdanoncvs@anoncvs.FreeBSD.org:/home/ncvs ... CVSROOT is where the repository resides. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Version control
    ... because I am no longer the only person using it and the repository ... commandline combined with the GUI of Tortoise CVS. ... server, no stupid windows admin will mess with it (there is also a Windows ... Lately I have looked into Subversion, ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Subversion? (Re: HEADS UP: Importing csup into base)
    ... someone will have to set up a real repository etc. before ... | the CVS repository. ... Like I wrote to Robert Olivier in a private e-mail I will check ... over to another vcs, be it Subversion, Mercurial or something else ...
    (freebsd-arch)
  • Re: Setting up a repository
    ... and want to have a repository. ... >> a team environment, I like the comfort of being able to go back to previous ... >> read is about getting connected up to some other machine running CVS. ... > I would highly recommend that you consider Subversion instead of CVS. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.programmer.help)