Re: Can't upgrade OpenSSH

From: Robert (
Date: 03/13/04

Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 20:42:04 +0100

Shabam <> wrote:

> This was just one of the easier things to figure out. There are tons of
> other strange software installs out there that offer cryptic install notes.
> And people wonder why Linux isn't catching on in the desktop world. It's
> like you have to read a manual with every other install or something.
No. Installing and running (Open)SSH is nothing less than science. The
reward is security. It must be about 1000 pages on SSH I recently read

Install you new OpenSSL in /usr/local/OpenSSL_0.9.7b.

Then link OpenSSH to OpenSSL. Try
./configure --help. There is one or more lines about how to set the path
to your new OpenSSL libraries.

That config option will work:

--with-ssl-dir=PATH Specify path to OpenSSL installation

Set the path to those libraries or include files. I don't know ad hoc.
Maybe its even OpenSSL's root. Just try it, the script will complain if
the path is wrong.

The Adress is against spammers
and goes directly into the bin.
To contact me privately reverse and use