Re: Port 8009 open.

From: Digitlcoup (digitlcoup_at_foo.bar)
Date: 03/05/04

Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 16:00:25 -0600

On 2004-03-05, Tuga <nmp@ispgaya.pt> wrote:
> Hi everyone.
> I made a port scanning to my server, from the local network side, and i was
> surprised with port 8009 opened (8009/tcp open ajp13).
> Anyone knows what is this port for? I think it's suspicious the service
> "ajp13".
> Can anyone help me?
>
> Best regards,
> Nuno Paquete.

Do you have Tomcat installed on your system?

Check out: http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/config/ajp.html

--
Hackattack v1.1 Download: http://www.digitlcoup.org/

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Port 8009 open.
    ... On Friday 05 March 2004 21:20, Tuga wrote: ... > I made a port scanning to my server, from the local network side, and ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Port 8009 open.
    ... >> I made a port scanning to my server, from the local network side, and i ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Port 8009 open.
    ... > I made a port scanning to my server, from the local network side, and i ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: iptables configuration issue
    ... "connection time out problem" Here what actually the situation is. ... I have configured iptables to drop nmap and other port scanning ... But on the other hand the http and mail server running on the ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Firewall Review
    ... It's a home run ftp server. ... > I can't recommend the best personal firewall for a workstation, ... > - HTTP filtering ... > - IPs can be banned by rules, port scanning or HTTP commands ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)