Re: Question

From: jack (not_at_all.org)
Date: 02/07/04

Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 05:43:07 +0100

Me wrote:
> Jibba Jabba wrote:
>

>>I keep getting these entries in my /var/log/messages every 5 minutes or
>>so.
>>Can someone help me decipher what this is for? Also, I'm running Redhat
>>7.0.
>>
>>Feb 4 12:28:57 server modprobe: Note: /etc/modules.conf is more recent
>>than /lib/modules/2.2.16-22/modules.dep
>>Feb 4 12:28:57 server modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module net-pf-10
>>
>>On the server, I only have ncftp, apache, and ssh2 ports open btw.
>

> Don't worry, this isn't a security problem. net-pf-10 is the module for
> ipv6. Add the line alias 'net-pf-10 off' to you /etc/modules.conf file.
> As for the first error, I've seen a few postings describing the same
> problem. You might want to check on Google Groups and see if anyone has
> found the solution.
> Shaun

"depmod -a" might help You to get rid of that former one.

Cheers, Jack.

My personal reading of the string "MicroSoft" expands to "NanoWeak"...

Relevant Pages

  • Re: apache question
    ... # Based upon the NCSA server configuration files originally by Rob McCool. ... # configuration directives that give the server its instructions. ... Directives that control the operation of the Apache server process as ...
    (alt.php)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Apache suEXEC privilege elevation / information disclosure
    ... The suEXEC feature provides Apache users the ability to run CGI and SSI ... under user IDs different from the user ID of the calling web server. ... Normally php and cgi scripts are not allowed to read files with the ... because the php script is run trough suEXEC. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Apache suEXEC privilege elevation / information disclosure
    ... The suEXEC feature provides Apache users the ability to run CGI and SSI ... under user IDs different from the user ID of the calling web server. ... Normally php and cgi scripts are not allowed to read files with the ... because the php script is run trough suEXEC. ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: HTTP servers on z/OS
    ... developed by the Apache Software Foundation. ... Also know as IHS ... "...the current IBM HTTP Server for z/OS and IHS for z/OS Powered by Apache, ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: Apache and SSL
    ... # Based upon the NCSA server configuration files originally by Rob McCool. ... # This is the main Apache server configuration file. ... # configuration directives that give the server its instructions. ...
    (RedHat)