Re: Question

From: Me (noone_at_nowhere.net)
Date: 02/07/04

Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 03:30:48 +0000

Jibba Jabba wrote:

> I keep getting these entries in my /var/log/messages every 5 minutes or
> so.
> Can someone help me decipher what this is for? Also, I'm running Redhat
> 7.0.
>
> Feb 4 12:28:57 server modprobe: Note: /etc/modules.conf is more recent
> than /lib/modules/2.2.16-22/modules.dep
> Feb 4 12:28:57 server modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module net-pf-10
>
> On the server, I only have ncftp, apache, and ssh2 ports open btw.

Don't worry, this isn't a security problem. net-pf-10 is the module for
ipv6. Add the line alias 'net-pf-10 off' to you /etc/modules.conf file.
As for the first error, I've seen a few postings describing the same
problem. You might want to check on Google Groups and see if anyone has
found the solution.
Shaun

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Security Problem with Remoting???
    ... "Ken Kolda" wrote in message ... > This security problem has nothing to do with file permissions. ... > you pass a stream object from the client to the server. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.remoting)
  • App.config Problem when launched from IIS not locally
    ... I have an application that when launched under Windows XP, from an IIS web ... I can create a webclient and download the app.config file and can even ... It is not a security problem on the web server, ...
  • SPS crawler - Proxy authentication problems
    ... I have a security problem with the crawler of SharePoint Portal Server ...
  • Re: Error after calling IDispatchPtr::invoke()
    ... so I think this is not because of security problem. ... Can you debug or trace it? ... Does the failed call reach the server? ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.debugger)