Re: Anyone know a good disk scrubber for Linux ?

From: Geoff (capsthorne_at_yahoo.co.uk)
Date: 02/06/04

    Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 09:35:33 +0000

    On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 07:03:35 -0800, Dave Harman wrote:

    > Anyone know of a good open source tool for scrubbing disks that I can
    > use to wipe my HD clean before re-installing Linux ? After my latest
    > breakin, I want to make sure no Trojans are still on the drive before
    > the new install

    If, notwithstanding the helpful advice of others, you want a tool, you
    could try the secure-delete suite :

    http://www.thc.org/releases.php

    Note that the freshmeat reference is out of date, you need to go directly
    to the above site.

    I have used it in a limited way when letting a hdd which formerly
    contained personal information go out of my possession.

    Geoff

    • Re: Anyone know a good disk scrubber for Linux ?
      ... > to wipe my HD clean before re-installing Linux? ... After my latest breakin, ... > I want to make sure no Trojans are still on the drive before the new ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: Cant get rid of Vundo, please help
      ... windows opened and a nice set of trojans to go with it. ... Updated them all and ran them on safe mode.....still didn't clean ... I then found out about disabling the windows system restore. ... After I reboot I rescanned and they again ...
      (alt.comp.anti-virus)
    • Re: Learning question about a compromised system
      ... Contact the admin of the ISP for the IP. ... He has trojanned httpd and identd ... Examine the trojans with ... unskilled admin can detect the breakin, ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • RE: IE7 Problems - XP, SP3
      ... Solutions for your Trojans run the following FREE programs to clean up any ... threats. ... These will clean up your system brilliantly. ... but the tech report said it had numerous Trojans and infected files. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Virus corrupting install.exe file
      ... There are clean outs for worms, trojans ... You will have to uninstall Symantec anti-virus then ... reinstall it after you clean up the virus... ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)