Re: Anyone know a good disk scrubber for Linux ?

From: Geoff (capsthorne_at_yahoo.co.uk)
Date: 02/06/04

    Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 09:35:33 +0000

    On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 07:03:35 -0800, Dave Harman wrote:

    > Anyone know of a good open source tool for scrubbing disks that I can
    > use to wipe my HD clean before re-installing Linux ? After my latest
    > breakin, I want to make sure no Trojans are still on the drive before
    > the new install

    If, notwithstanding the helpful advice of others, you want a tool, you
    could try the secure-delete suite :

    http://www.thc.org/releases.php

    Note that the freshmeat reference is out of date, you need to go directly
    to the above site.

    I have used it in a limited way when letting a hdd which formerly
    contained personal information go out of my possession.

    Geoff