Firestarter with kernel 2.6.1

From: Gianma67 g.iamoni_at_libero)
Date: 02/02/04

    Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 13:59:52 GMT

    Hi all,

    I'm trying to run Firestarter 0.92 on my linux with kernel 2.6.1 but it
    doesn't succed by complaining with an error message saying that to lunch
    firestarter a kernel 2.4.1 or newer is required!!

    How can I fix the problem and getting my firestart to work(which now
    works well with kernle linux-2.4.24)?

    Thanks and bye.

    • Re: dhcp & kernel: Unknown InputIN=eth0 ...
      ... > eth0 seems to be running and configured fine but the kernel is not ... That is iptables logging. ... Not the kernel isn't recognizing the packet, ... Repair your firestarter setup. ...
    • firestarter on FC3/kernel-2.6.9-1.681
      ... I upgraded to Fedora Core 3 and immediately updated the kernel to ... discovered that firestarter doesn't work. ... does work with either of these kernels (and fully updated FC3)? ...
    • Re: Firestarter with kernel 2.6.1
      ... here's the FIX for the kernel 2.6 problem. ... save this patch off to a *.patch file ... copy *.patch file (from above URL into the firestarter ... run the patch on the source code with the following ...
    • Re: Firestarter cant find IPtables
      ... > Connection tracking (select all the suboptions you think you need) ... > I assume you are using genkernel to make your kernel (IMHO the later versions ... I can now run Firestarter, but I get the following error: ...
    • Re: Firestarter cant find IPtables
      ... > I'm trying to get Firestarter on Linux Gentoo working. ... > I figured I probably hadn't compiled the kernel with all that stuff, ... > that I'm new to kernel compilation. ...