Re: strange packets on my interface

From: NeoSadist (
Date: 01/22/04

Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 19:20:35 -0700

AR wrote:

> Anyone know what this mean... My IP is completly diferent from
> Why is this on my interface???
> Wed Jan 14 12:33:27 2004; UDP; eth0; 140 bytes; from
> to Wed Jan 14 12:33:28

First off, these are you your network over the broadcast IP, which means
some machine is spraying the LAN with tons of UDP (which is a
fire-and-forget kind of thing). I suggest you figure out where they're
coming from, as some machine on your LAN is doing it, in my opinion. This
could be some machine being infected with a trojan/worm/virus of some sort.

The penalty for laughing in a courtroom is six months in jail; if it
were not for this penalty, the jury would never hear the evidence.
                -- H. L. Mencken