Re: 2 NIC Card security ?

From: Benson Lei (greenb_at_netvigator.com)
Date: 01/08/04

Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 00:21:51 +0800

No, I want to use the configuration for my Email Server, since my network
force it to be exposed to Internet .

Installing the 2nd NIC wants speed the connection between LAN and the Email
Server.

Thank you for your information.

"N1POP" <google@n1pop.cjb.net>
???????:btjuf4$82515$1@ID-205524.news.uni-berlin.de...
> Benson Lei wrote:
>
> > I installed two NIC Cards with the RH Linux V90, but with no Security
> > during the installation.
> >
> > Is there any vulnerability for hacking ?
>
> The simple answer is Yes, because once a vulnerability is discovered and
> exploited on either port, then the attacker could access the other NIC and
> network.
>
> > Is there any route between LAN & WAN if I use the default setting
> > ( no IP route, no Firewall, no Router, no RAS ) ?
>
> I have used RH on a 2-NIC PC only once, and I recall that NIC
configuration
> and multi-NIC routing were not automatic.
>
> Will you be using this PC for anything other than as a gateway? If so,
you
> might consider installing dedicated software like Smoothwall or IPCop that
> will help secure your network.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Email Server
    ... > I'm looking at installing a linux based email server in our network. ... Make sure that your DMZ can't connect to the internal network. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: CMOS/parallel port mode
    ... can you tell me how to go about installing a printer that's being shared by ... another computer on a network? ... "Yves Leclerc" wrote: ... > configuration when the AC power is turned off. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Remote Access and Outlook Web Access on SBS 2003
    ... that's how the *Wizard* configured your network. ... NETWORKING CONFIGURATION SUMMARY ... Restrict default Web site of IIS to only respond to ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Remote Access and Outlook Web Access on SBS 2003
    ... SUMMARY OF SETTINGS FOR CONFIGURE E-MAIL AND INTERNET ... Internet Connection Wizard. ... network, firewall, secure Web site, and e-mail. ... NETWORKING CONFIGURATION SUMMARY ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • IT Security Administrator in Bend, OR
    ... workstations as well as physical security for I/T systems. ... manages network security software and hardware. ... Extensive experience with Windows 2000/2003 servers and Exchange ... Two years experience configuring, installing and implementing VMWare ...
    (comp.arch)