How to distinguish LDAP account from local account

From: Xin Li (xinli1_at_illinoisalumni.org)
Date: 10/22/03

Date: 22 Oct 2003 07:24:22 -0700

Hi,

I have my system's PAM configured to authenticate through LDAP. I
need a way, given an account or group, to figure out two things:

A) Is the account or group a local account or a remote LDAP account
B) Is there a local account or group that shares the same name?

Xin Li

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Anonymous LDAP Access Problem
    ... Check the ADSI ... I need to authenticate using LDAP and I still am having some problems. ... which works when that is a domain account, but does not when that account ...
  • Re: LDAP Permissions
    ... a normal AD account that you might use as a service account for ... performing LDAP queries won't have permissions to modify anything in AD ... to authenticate the user. ...
  • [NT] Security considerations to keep in mind when using Site Server 3.0
    ... Site Server version 3.0 Commerce Edition ... LDAP_Anonymous user account, which is used by the included LDAP service. ... A valid NT user account is required to upload ...
    (Securiteam)
  • Re: Fedora 14: GDM, sssd and LDAP authentication
    ... With quite a bit of debuggind i found out that for sssd you have to ... domains = LDAP ... account required pam_nologin.so ... account sufficient pam_succeed_if.so uid < 500 quiet ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Less Informaion Availiable in LDAP on SBS than Server 2003
    ... Just tried and apparently if a user account is a member of "Domain Power ... Users" then I can query these LDAP attributes. ... While you might upgrade the schema on SBS to v31 note that a SBS R2 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)