apache == acces.conf

M_at_rinu$
Date: 09/02/03

Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 18:23:09 +0200

Hello,

I am experimenting with Apache and i only want acces for a few ip-adresses

Linux Redhat 8 is my operating system
and this is a part of the acces.conf file (container)

 <Directory /var/www/html>
 order deny, allow
 deny from all
 allow from 62.xxx.x.xx, xx.xxx.xx.x, xxx.x.xx.xx
 </Directory>

I used this container in the acces.conf file and after this configuration
62.xxx.x.x. was not be able to acces my webserver

I thought that only the ip-adresses could have acces on my apache-webserver
after change the acces.conf file , but absolutly nobody was able to acces
the webserver

my firewall is very simple at te moment , it is a standard firewall under
linux redhat version 8, - medium - (the startposition, i gave the www and
the ftpserver acces for the firewall.
before i changed my acces.conf file everone had acces whit the standard
firewall.
= i did not changed my firewallrules, i only changed my acces.conf file

how can help me to resolve my problem.

greets,
M@rinu$

sorry, for my English.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Paint event dont Work
    ... Josue Avila Mendoza ... > It is not posible for me to acces into the link; i Think is Firewall issues ... Prev by Date: ...
  • Firewall suddenly blocking my e-mail...Cant figure it out..
    ... I have Norton PFW2002, version 4.0 and update automatically using ... since the last update my firewall suddenly blocks Outlook Express ... cause as soon as i shut it down i can acces all my e-mail accounts ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • RE: VPN Client - Client Issues
    ... acces on wathever port you want to acces on the workstation, ... the firewall on the workstations (don't need it if the network is behind your ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)