Re: National Security Backdoor in telnetd - all versions.

From: H. S. (g_reate_xcalibur_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 08/27/03

Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 00:59:08 -0400

Au Naturel Productions wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 03:50:15 +0000, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

> And having the background I have, I understand the US Government's
> position on exporting encryption tools, but I have see plenty of good

So, why *do* they have such seemingly idiotic regulations?

At present, it looks like:
We have a powerful device, we don't want anyone else to have it.

But, yo, helloo, others have more powerful devices.

Oh yeah! then we also ban importing those more powerful devices into
the US. So there. Go figure.

But, er .. it doesn't make sense.

Yeah it does. It does to us.

What sense, care to explain.

It just makes sense to us. Get lost.

:-))

->HS

--
Remove all underscores from my email address to get the correct one.