Re: Monitoring traffic

From: Les Mikesell (
Date: 08/20/03

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 01:09:23 GMT

"Alex" <> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I want to monitor all traffic that comes in and goes out of my
> network. Any suggestions on a tool or app that'll do this?

Ntop is good for summaries/totals with many different
views. You'll have to run it on a machine that can
see all the packets - connected with a hub or
a switch that allows monitoring/bridging ports to
the router out of the network.

  Les Mikesell

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Server Performance
    ... Check free disk space; delete Temp files/ Temporary Internet files & ... Remove unnecessary network protocols (NWLink IPX/SPX is often at fault ... > using Performance Logs and Monitor to monitor the server for bottlenecks, ... > but I am not sure which all counters to concentrate on. ...
  • Re: How to stop Admins from sniffing ?
    ... It is the responsibility of the IT Administrators to monitor all data being ... The same policy goes for personal laptops used on the network. ... EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE ... The NSA has designated Norwich University a center of Academic Excellence ...
  • Re: Its War!
    ... the screen I am watching but could monitor which websites I visit. ... soon have WiFi so if I used a notebook computer with WiFi ... There are other states like Connecticut that say that a network owned ...
  • Re: Managed Security Providers (Who do IDS & Firewall Monitoring and Blocking)
    ... What are your thoughts concerning whether or not the MSSP is actually paying attention to the defense of a customer network 24/7/365? ... of a system to monitor just your network. ... response process begins and the issue is handed off to those responsible ...
  • Re: Good rogue ap finder? or...going down the wrong path?
    ... The packets are actually steered using ... switches to isolate sections, and now all you'd hear is broadcasts such ... But we simply monitor all of the switches and the ARP ... a message is sent to Network Operations and the Security Desk. ...