Re: Monitoring traffic

From: Tim Haynes (usenet-20030819_at_stirfried.vegetable.org.uk)
Date: 08/19/03

Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 21:32:32 +0100

alex@totallynerd.com (Alex) writes:

> I want to monitor all traffic that comes in and goes out of my network.
> Any suggestions on a tool or app that'll do this?
>
> I guess I'm looking for something similar to Ethereal but with more
> userfriendly reports.
>
> I have a Linksys router, so maybe an SNMP trap is what I need. Dunno.
> Suggestions???

tcpdump, ethereal, the ucd-snmp tools, fwlogwatch, iptraf, ntop, ...?

Take your pick :)

~Tim

--
You should never underestimate              |piglet@stirfried.vegetable.org.uk
the predictability of stupidity.            |http://spodzone.org.uk/

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Monitoring traffic
    ... alex@totallynerd.com writes: ... > Any suggestions on a tool or app that'll do this? ... Dunno. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: The problem with Macs ....
    ... the file system ASAP, where others can find it too. ... install something I want it to appear in a menu, ... just drag the app to the Trash. ... As long as that's what you intended / expected them to do Tim? ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Sabras Swell Head and Seasons Greetings
    ... > W_B, Carlo, Tony, Charlie Ruff, even Alex, SB, Tim, Steve B, ...
    (sci.med.dentistry)
  • Re: ContextMenu problem - MenuItems.Add()
    ... Alex and list, ... My earlier post gave the trouble in my main app. ... I have MainForm that has a ToolBar added in the designer and ... > private void toolBar_ButtonClick(object obj, ...
  • Re: Handling System Shutdown in a WindowsForms App