Re: Monitoring traffic

From: Tim Haynes (
Date: 08/19/03

Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 21:32:32 +0100 (Alex) writes:

> I want to monitor all traffic that comes in and goes out of my network.
> Any suggestions on a tool or app that'll do this?
> I guess I'm looking for something similar to Ethereal but with more
> userfriendly reports.
> I have a Linksys router, so maybe an SNMP trap is what I need. Dunno.
> Suggestions???

tcpdump, ethereal, the ucd-snmp tools, fwlogwatch, iptraf, ntop, ...?

Take your pick :)

You should never underestimate              |
the predictability of stupidity.            |

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Monitoring traffic
    ... writes: ... > Any suggestions on a tool or app that'll do this? ... Dunno. ...
  • Re: The problem with Macs ....
    ... the file system ASAP, where others can find it too. ... install something I want it to appear in a menu, ... just drag the app to the Trash. ... As long as that's what you intended / expected them to do Tim? ...
  • Re: Sabras Swell Head and Seasons Greetings
    ... > W_B, Carlo, Tony, Charlie Ruff, even Alex, SB, Tim, Steve B, ...
  • Re: ContextMenu problem - MenuItems.Add()
    ... Alex and list, ... My earlier post gave the trouble in my main app. ... I have MainForm that has a ToolBar added in the designer and ... > private void toolBar_ButtonClick(object obj, ...
  • Re: Handling System Shutdown in a WindowsForms App