Re: Security Tools RoundUp

From: Liam (liambnewton_at_aol.com)
Date: 07/30/03

Date: 30 Jul 2003 03:00:19 -0700

"Bilbo Baggins" <flame_bilbo@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<bg5aae$c4m$1@pinah.connect.com.au>...
> "Bud" <bud@swoop.2y.net> wrote in message
> > Ok, I am looking for the best of the best security toolkit for use in pen
> > testing.
> > Let's here which set of tools you prefer to have at all times.
>
> netcat

port scanner - nmap
network tomfoolery - netcat
web app testing - SPIKE proxy
sniffer - Ethereal
switched network sniffer - Ettercap
www server scanner - Nikto
password cracker - John the Ripper
vuln scanner - Nessus

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Security Tools RoundUp
    ... I am looking for the best of the best security toolkit for use in pen ... network tomfoolery - netcat ... switched network sniffer - Ettercap ... www server scanner - Nikto ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • Re: Security Tools RoundUp
    ... I am looking for the best of the best security toolkit for use in pen ... network tomfoolery - netcat ... switched network sniffer - Ettercap ... www server scanner - Nikto ...
    (alt.computer.security)