Re: Hiding files and encrypting stuff under Linux

From: Mica (navinsam_in_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 07/29/03

Date: 29 Jul 2003 10:44:29 -0700

<snip>
> particular, does the Linux OS have those kind of tools included, and if
> not, then what freeware programs are there around? Are there any that
> work both on Linux and Windows (maybe Mac as well)?
>
> I guess for encrypting emails, then the PGP or GnuPGP are the tools to use?
<snip>

You will need the CryptoAPI patches available at www.kerneli.org

and Yes, PGP and GnuPG are the tools you need for encrypting and
digitally signing e-mails.

Regards,
Nav.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Did you switch from Windows to Linux? How did you find the process?
    ... find a Linux "equivalent" to. ... firewall, periodically defragmenting the filesystem, periodically ... this machine here due to flawed hardware, ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: My Continuing Adventures With Linux
    ... most of the newer SW you need high spec boxes and I'm just not going to go out and spend $1K or more getting more/new boxes and HW just so I can use the latest SW when all of my old boxes work fine, and I can do wp & spreadsheets & internet jazz to my heart's content. ... Considering that many versions of Linux aren't commercial, and that there are a number of volunteers working on it, the chances of serious bugs arising is likely reduced as there are no deadlines to meet and no advertising propaganda to live up to. ... In the department where I used to teach, two new IBM machines arrived one day and they had OS/2 on them. ...
    (sci.research.careers)
  • Re: Linux for newbies
    ... I must say that I'm also a newbie with Linux. ... To me, the easiest to install is Mandrake, with a small lead before Red ... the most confusing installation is Debian. ... > The Presidio integrates PGP data encryption and XML Web Services ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: My Mandrake 10.0 experience
    ... > chooses NOT to install any of them. ... > fed up with people who come in here and bash Linux when they don't know ... Why would anyone think he will carefully follow the excellent Gentoo ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: What is it? Set 230
    ... since that would change from platform to platform. ... "Bookmark link..."= Add link to bookmarks ... I've been avoiding Linux because I ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)