Re: iptables rules file in Redhat 8.0

From: /dev/rob0 (rob0_at_gmx.co.uk)
Date: 07/27/03

Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 17:27:49 -0700

[followup-to set: c.o.l.s.]
In article <PLCUa.9427$1I5.1284992@news20.bellglobal.com>, H. S. wrote:
> I was wondering, in Redhat, if I want to replace the LOKKIT rules, I
> just have to put usual iptables rules in the /etc/sysconfig/iptables,
> right? In other words, I replace whatever Gnome-LOKKIT made, with my own
> rules. And then I do

Yes. I suggest using a script such as the many you find on Freshmeat. I
used and can recommend MonMotha's. Edit and run the script, then save
the output of "iptables-save". I believe that is what your
/etc/sysconfig/iptables file is made of.

Keep the script on hand in case you want to change your rules. It's
easier to do it that way than to edit an iptables-save file.

> $> /etc/rc.d/init.d/iptables restart.
> to make my rules take effect, right?

Or "service iptables restart".

--
  /dev/rob0 - preferred_email=i$((28*28+28))@softhome.net
  or put "not-spam" or "/dev/rob0" in Subject header to reply

Relevant Pages

  • Re: iptables rules file in Redhat 8.0
    ... I suggest using a script such as the many you find on Freshmeat. ... easier to do it that way than to edit an iptables-save file. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: update
    ... You did not edit the code correctly. ... David Mustard wrote: ... effectivly rather than keeping them all together as a publisher website. ... replaceinfiles script wont work for this kind of setup I dont think. ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)
  • Re: Editing Binary Files
    ... I want to edit a precompiled ... pipe that into ... 'awk' script which searches for the pattern you are ... it is then processed and 'uudecode' is used to get the text back ...
    (comp.unix.questions)
  • Re: Using echo in Bash
    ... the filenames into a text file, edit it with a text, then turn the file ... > Isn't it the 'echo' command that have to do be able to echo editable text? ... > Sure=) I have made this little Bash script that converts MusePack ... > The script is called repack, ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: why are diagrams still crippled in SSMS 2008?
    ... generate scripts directly from diagrams. ... Script from the contextual menu. ... collation - that you want to chose. ... In 2000 I was able to open tables to edit their contents and script them ...