Re: iptables rules file in Redhat 8.0

From: /dev/rob0 (
Date: 07/27/03

Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 17:27:49 -0700

[followup-to set: c.o.l.s.]
In article <PLCUa.9427$>, H. S. wrote:
> I was wondering, in Redhat, if I want to replace the LOKKIT rules, I
> just have to put usual iptables rules in the /etc/sysconfig/iptables,
> right? In other words, I replace whatever Gnome-LOKKIT made, with my own
> rules. And then I do

Yes. I suggest using a script such as the many you find on Freshmeat. I
used and can recommend MonMotha's. Edit and run the script, then save
the output of "iptables-save". I believe that is what your
/etc/sysconfig/iptables file is made of.

Keep the script on hand in case you want to change your rules. It's
easier to do it that way than to edit an iptables-save file.

> $> /etc/rc.d/init.d/iptables restart.
> to make my rules take effect, right?

Or "service iptables restart".

  /dev/rob0 - preferred_email=i$((28*28+28))
  or put "not-spam" or "/dev/rob0" in Subject header to reply