Re: GUI front end for iptables

firblog_at_nicht.net
Date: 07/07/03

Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 13:14:56 +0100

Fred Tourette wrote:

> I think it was firblog@nicht.net who said:
>
> > I'm a newbie to linux but reasonably au fait with software firewalls.
> > I've installed iptables and frankly, it looks a bit horrific to even
> > beging configuring it using the command line interface. Is there a
> > reliable GUI to iptables that i can easily download and configure?
>
> Try Guarddog:
>
> http://www.simonzone.com/software/guarddog/
>
> Took the "horriffic" out of iptables for this Windoze convert.

Yes, sure am -- a convert i mean. Thanks for all your help. I decided to
try firestarter which has just been updated for Mandrake Linux 9.1.
Worked a charm and very easy to set-up.

Firblog "True Progress Involves Not Moving In Circles".

Relevant Pages

  • Re: GUI front end for iptables
    ... | I'm a newbie to linux but reasonably au fait with software firewalls. ... | I've installed iptables and frankly, it looks a bit horrific to even ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • GUI front end for iptables
    ... I'm a newbie to linux but reasonably au fait with software firewalls. ... I've installed iptables and frankly, it looks a bit horrific to even ... beging configuring it using the command line interface. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Hows the nforce4 support in Linux?
    ... > apparently result in lower CPU usage that software firewalls. ... Certainly on Linux I can make sure iptables is populated (or least has a ... can I get SATA II NCQ support in Linux with ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: want a simple firewall
    ... There are also other low end router/firewalls that are all under $100 ... Their are also software firewalls and linux comes with ... iptables built in. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: newbie
    ... Depending on your router. ... Linux comes with iptables and ipchains (software firewalls). ... I am thinking of switching to red hat linux, ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)