Re: Remove Firewall

From: Doug Holtz (dholtz_at_wi.rr.com)
Date: 06/06/03

Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 21:19:18 -0500

"Jaayson Garrell" <kyi@kyi.sytes.net> wrote in message
news:vdvmeoj777sse3@corp.supernews.com...
> Kasper Dupont wrote:
>
> > Doug Holtz wrote:
> >>
> >> Howdy;
> >>
> >> It appears I'm not getting any DNS info, but I can't tell for sure.
> >
> > You could try using tcpdump, ethereal, or something similar.
> >
> Depending on which it is ipchains or iptables. Here is what is needed to
> flush it all out.
>
> ipchains -F
> iptables -F
>
> Both of the above command will flush the entire chain or table. If you are
> still not getting out then, it's another problem.
>
> Jayson

Thanks Jayson. Without writing these down I forget.

Doug

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Prevent access to linux server when mac adress does not match ip adress
    ... Iptables has much more features than ipchain. ... Prior to the 2.2.x kernel, the firewall was controlled by "ipfwadm". ... introduced the IPCHAINS tool to control that. ... Often the upgrade is too big and bulky for the older ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: IPChains with RH 9? "Protocol not available"
    ... Yes, iptables is way more versatile than ipchains, and ipchains ... is no longer supported in the redhat kernel by default. ... is RH 9 stock kernel still support ipchains? ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: A Question On Ipchains Input Rules
    ... If RH72 allows using iptables instead of ipchains, ... return packets for any established connections, ... outbound SMTP sessions, you just allow outbound SMTP, and the ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: IPChains not working
    ... >>and changing a script from ipchains to iptables can take a while ... The only people for me are the mad ones -- the ones who are mad to live, ... the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: IPChains with RH 9? "Protocol not available"
    ... Iptables is now the default, but it looks like ipchains is still included. ... Red Hat firewall config tools to help out any more. ... Clemson University Math Sciences ...
    (RedHat)