good ssh client?

From: ivo welch (ivo.welch_at_anderson.ucla.edu)
Date: 06/01/03

Date: 1 Jun 2003 10:58:32 -0700

I have some thoroughly trusted computers running linux, from which I
would like to ssh to another server on a regular basis.

my problems is that I would like the trusted computers to just store
my passwords and pass them along, like "ssh -l user -p password
server" is not supported. my second problem is that my service
provider will drop the connection if there is more than 5 minutes
inactivity. so, I need the client to send NUL characters every so
often. securecrt does this, but unfortunately, it is not available on
mandrake linux 9.1.

are there any recommended solutions? help appreciated.

sincerely,

/iaw

Relevant Pages

  • Re: good ssh client?
    ... > I have some thoroughly trusted computers running linux, ... > would like to ssh to another server on a regular basis. ... xload running over my ssh connection, ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Trouble with X11 over SSH on Mandriva 2010.0
    ... If next clean install/update causes ssh to break, ... installed the sshd daemon/service package (OpenSSH Server) on the server. ... correct values for client and server. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Apache Software Foundation Server compromised, resecured. (fwd)
    ... this was one "result" of the comromised ssh binary at sourceforge. ... a public server of the Apache Software Foundation ... > (ASF) was illegally accessed by unknown crackers. ... > exhaustive audit of all Apache source code and binary distributions ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: FreeBSD Crash without Errors, Warnings, or Panics
    ... I suppose I could run on stable until the driver is fixed in a release branch, but I need this box up and online, and I've always read that the stable branch is not the place for production servers. ... I'm running 6.0-RELEASE-p5 on a Toshiba built server: dual Xeon Intel motherboard with a LSILogic MegaRAID controller. ... Also, some network ports still respond, like a telnet to port 22 to test SSH will yield an SSH banner, but trying to connect with SSH just hangs. ... The box runs a web-based app and connects to a local Postgres DB which seemed to be unable to start new connections being requested by the PHP scripts. ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Re: restrict ssh access
    ... > We have one ssh server which receives about 6000 failed attempts to ... > unsuccessful login attempts per client IP address? ... the remote server is also running OpenSSH. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)