Re: recommend Linux firewalls for non-profit

From: Nico Kadel-Garcia (nkadel_at_verizon.net)
Date: 04/29/03

Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 00:19:39 GMT

Ginger Git wrote:
> Please explain how you are going to contact the Bridge from an internal
> address if it has no IP address and is just a Bridge!!!!!

IPv6? Broadcast? Serial port? It depends on the bridge and the local
configuration.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: recommend Linux firewalls for non-profit
    ... > Ginger Git wrote: ... > I didn't say anything about contacting the bridge. ... > For sending spam use mailto:aaarep@daimi.au.dk ... Checked by AVG anti-virus system. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: recommend Linux firewalls for non-profit
    ... Ginger Git wrote: ... I didn't say anything about contacting the bridge. ... Kasper Dupont -- der bruger for meget tid på usenet. ... For sending spam use mailto:aaarep@daimi.au.dk ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • [opensuse] Bridge setup to late (in network remotefs) phase after updating from 11.0 to 11.1
    ... I´ve a bridge setup with sets up a bridge from a TAP device tap0 and ... ethernet device eth0. ... Starting service MySQL Starting News-Server INNBoth fetchall and keep on in daemon or idle mode is a mistake! ... Starting Avahi DNS Configuration daemon failed ...
    (SuSE)
  • stealth firewall problem
    ... somethimes i get the "kernel panic" message with some errors on the bridge kernel module. ... the klogd jumped to 99% of cpu and my machine freozed many times. ... here is the kernel config part where i set the networking support: ... # IP: Virtual Server Configuration ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: ARP Question - Maybe?
    ... I have configured the bridge and ... > I'm not really sure but I suspect my problem might be with ARP? ... > the web based configuration utility. ... > setup ipfw to log all traffic to that interface and can see the traffic ...
    (freebsd-questions)