Re: Recent ptrace exploit effected by chroot?

From: Kasper Dupont (
Date: 04/28/03

Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 08:03:32 +0200

Jem Berkes wrote:

> >> If it makes you feel any better, even some kernel developers feel
> >> that this ptrace vulnerability isn't too big a deal considering other
> >> local vulnerabilities that still have to be squashed.
> >
> > Any references, I'd like to read more details.
> The only one I saw was this:

Threads seems to be broken there, but on google groups I was
able to follow the thread:

> But he doesn't elaborate so maybe there's nothing to his claim.

He was specifically asked for examples, but never answered.

Kasper Dupont -- der bruger for meget tid på usenet.
For sending spam use

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How do I find all references to an object in the JVM?
    ... >> or even ALL references to a particular class, in the JVM? ... I never told anyone what they can or cannot discuss on Usenet, ... > You need a severe redesign of your application. ...
  • Re: North South East or West
    ... and allowing the reader to conduct peer review. ... Haphazardly providing opinions without references or citations does not ... get discussions going on the Usenet by being so rigorous. ... I look forward to intelligent questions. ...
  • Re: Pappists Leegime demand
    ... I have posted those references on usenet and so on, ... Google and other brands of news reader suppliers is improving its ... are changing the format of its newsgroup and reading layout and ...
  • Re: could you give me the source codes of Hope and Atlanta?
    ... You're just an intellectual bullie trying to feel powerful, ... your petty little view of the world and how they should use Usenet. ... You are welcome to supply legitimate references that aren't of your own ... Brad Velander. ...
  • Re: Wikipedia & Music Theory
    ... reading by using the references, google, and my intelligence (such as ... I don't necessarily come here to collect facts ... because usenet is a place where opinion is rife and fact hard to come ... scientific method with skepticism and independent verification should be used. ...