Re: recommend Linux firewalls for non-profit

From: Kyler Laird (Kyler_at_news.Lairds.org)
Date: 04/27/03

Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 18:22:10 GMT

"Ginger Git" <gingergit@PleaseRemoveNOSPAM.> writes:

>but if the bridge has no IP address and therefore cannot be accessed remotly
>then there for it is secure!

So...you'd be willing to run *my* version of the bridge module?
If not, why? If it's not a potential source of weakness, you
should have no objections.

>What my point is - "If you cannot see the transpent Bridge you cannot attack
>it / reconfigure it etc" I am not talking about anything else. What part of
>that last line don't u understand??????? Would you like me to give you a
>lesson in Security?

Yes, please. I'll take the lesson on "covert channels."

--kyler

Relevant Pages

  • Re: stupid police.
    ... that their car isn't secure. ... The sign will be there for a day at most - but hopefully the lesson will ... hang a sign on your front gate stating that your house will ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: stupid police.
    ... that their car isn't secure. ... The sign will be there for a day at most - but hopefully the lesson will ... hang a sign on your front gate stating that your house will ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: recommend Linux firewalls for non-profit
    ... >>but if the bridge has no IP address and therefore cannot be accessed ... >>then there for it is secure! ... can be wide open to attack. ... When would you like your lesson? ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: recommend Linux firewalls for non-profit
    ... > but if the bridge has no IP address and therefore cannot be accessed ... anything behind it is as secure as the ... You've already given us a lesson in how you approach security. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)