Re: Recent ptrace exploit effected by chroot?

From: Jem Berkes (jb_at_users.pc9.org)
Date: 04/27/03

Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 14:49:18 GMT

>> > True, but installing a new kernel may be a non-trivial problem --
>> > for example, I have machines that have:
>>
>> If it makes you feel any better, even some kernel developers feel
>> that this ptrace vulnerability isn't too big a deal considering other
>> local vulnerabilities that still have to be squashed.
>
> Any references, I'd like to read more details.

The only one I saw was this:
http://www.spinics.net/lists/kernel/msg163026.html

But he doesn't elaborate so maybe there's nothing to his claim.

--
Jem Berkes
http://www.pc-tools.net/

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Recent ptrace exploit effected by chroot?
    ... Jem Berkes wrote: ... > If it makes you feel any better, even some kernel developers feel that this ... > ptrace vulnerability isn't too big a deal considering other local ... For sending spam use mailto:aaarep@daimi.au.dk ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: i386 linux kernel proof-of-concept DoS
    ... >> Isn't this the OLD ptrace vulnerability that has been fixed since ... ... >> ummm ... ... or there abouts? ... Windows, Linux & UNIX software ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)