Security level changes don't stick

From: Guillaume Dargaud (USENETnospam@gdargaud.net)
Date: 04/25/03

From: "Guillaume Dargaud" <USENETnospam@gdargaud.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 17:23:46 -0600

I want to enable port 103 through the firewall, but I cannot change the
configuration. I've tried with redhat-config-securitylevel and lokkit, any
change I do is ignored. The current config is "High security"
Yes, I'm root. RedHat 8.0 with 2.4.20

--
Guillaume Dargaud
Colorado State University - Dept of Atmospheric Science

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Client End Firewalls
    ... it doesn't matter if the email client can't be tricked when the ... control such things on a Windows 98 box. ... > than getting the client firewall properly configured. ... > additional costs for configuration and configuration-changes? ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Cant Ping Windows 2003 server after R2 Upgrade..HELP!
    ... UPDATE* -- i've enabled to the windows firewall just to see what can be ... i then adjust the ICMP setting to allow ALL icmp. ... Enable 3 Allow outbound destination unreachable ... ICMP configuration for Local Area Connection 7: ...
  • Re: R2 in-place upgrade bug ? ..HELP
    ... UPDATE* -- i've enabled to the windows firewall just to see what can be done ... Enable 3 Allow outbound destination unreachable ... Enable 9 Allow inbound router request ... ICMP configuration for Local Area Connection 7: ...
  • Re: [kde-linux] KDE on the go
    ... traditional edit the config file type configuration. ... What happens is that there's a timeout on the connection ... Consider the firewall and policies at the location you're going to be ... protocol you're considering. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: Client End Firewalls
    ... depending on the firewall's configuration). ... Even if a client side firewall was to block just one ... Using a firewall with password protection is a must. ... >> connections. ...
    (Security-Basics)