Establishing a site-to-site ipsec connection

From: John Maher (jmaher@myrealbox-nospam.com)
Date: 04/24/03

From: "John Maher" <jmaher@myrealbox-nospam.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 23:54:36 -0400

So many threads talk about the iptables issues of establishing an ipsec
connection between a client behind an iptables firewall and a VPN site, but
can anyone direct me to documentation explaining what applications are used
to negotiate an ipsec connection and how to establish a connection? I would
like to establish a site-to-site ipsec connection, with my Linux iptables
firewall being one of the sites. I know how to open the firewall for the
ports and protocols, but what app do I use to negotiate the ipsec
connection?

Thanks in advance.

John

Relevant Pages

  • Re: EMERGENCY - need to secure my server against an ongoing SPAMMER
    ... computer with a broadband connection. ... that IP range will prevent that spammer from wasting your systems ... This approach eventually makes your firewall machine so busy it has ... A better approach is to use IPTables to deny ALL inbound attempts to ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: 72.14.207.104
    ... > remembers the connection and passes it through. ... > closed the browser before the response came back you would get this sort ... While not saying your should ignore that issue, an iptables firewall by ... I would say I have at best an intermediate level capability with iptables. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: firewall using iptables DHCP IP may change?
    ... >>I am trying to set up a firewall using iptables. ... >>My internet connection is via adsl, and the IP is dynamic. ... as well as with various inbound ICMP packets. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: PPPoE Help me please!
    ... I have no idea of how to write iptables rules. ... > firestarter, you install the rpm and then open the GUI front end in xwindows. ... For me to have a firewall and iptables, ... that belong to a connection that has been initiated by another, ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: basic question: eth0 ppp0, which interface?
    ... I use ppp0 for the connection. ... > I have started reading up on how to use iptables for firewall protection ... I am reading up on the stuff but need ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)