Dynamic IP's & Iptables

From: comaxco (comaxco@hotmail.com)
Date: 04/17/03

From: comaxco@hotmail.com (comaxco)
Date: 16 Apr 2003 15:49:36 -0700

I have a standalone Linux (8.0 RH) based firewall/router that worked
just fine with static IP adresses. Circumstances now require that I
use ATT broadband with a cable modem and ATT broadband only deals in
dynamic IP adresses. Is there any way I can get my IPtables code to
handle dynamic IP's since it appears that I am now assigned a new IP
adress about every 24 hours?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Dynamic IPs & Iptables
    ... > I have a standalone Linux based firewall/router that worked ... > just fine with static IP adresses. ... > use ATT broadband with a cable modem and ATT broadband only deals in ... Is there any way I can get my IPtables code to ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Dynamic IPs & Iptables
    ... >> just fine with static IP adresses. ... >> use ATT broadband with a cable modem and ATT broadband only deals in ... the IP address changes and pass the address to the firewall script. ... got a new ATTBI account and a new cable modem. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)