Re: dsniff cannot see connections

From: Thomas Neumann (thomas.neumann-inf@fernuni-hagen.de)
Date: 04/14/03

From: Thomas Neumann <thomas.neumann-inf@fernuni-hagen.de>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:47:48 +0200

Hello Gad,

have you enabled ip_forwarding? (echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ip...)
Try to type dsniff -i eth0.

Thomas

Gad wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use dsniff to sniff my own lan.
>
> However, it doesn't see _anything_, even when I'm
> busy telnetting/ftping/whatever from the machine I'm
> sniffing on to the other machine.
>
> Both machines are connected via ethernet, and dsniff
> is listening to device eth0.
> The version is 2.4b1 and I'm running Debian unstable.
>
> Also, can dsniff sniff ppp connections? It seems to only handle
> ethernet.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Gad

Relevant Pages

  • Re: dsniff cannot see connections
    ... > Gad wrote: ... >> I'm trying to use dsniff to sniff my own lan. ... can dsniff sniff ppp connections? ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • dsniff cannot sniff packets
    ... I am trying to learn arpspoof to sniff packets from our Test network. ... I have installed dsniff 2.3 on a Linux Machine. ... The installation was ... there was traffic from the victim machine as the user (on victim ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: dsniff cannot see connections
    ... muesli wrote: ... >>Hello Gad, ... > IMHO ip_forwarding has nothing to do with captuing packets with dsniff. ... > net connectivity for your local lan, but if he gets connected success- ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: dsniff cannot see connections
    ... Gad wrote: ... > I'm trying to use dsniff to sniff my own lan. ... > Both machines are connected via ethernet, ... can dsniff sniff ppp connections? ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)