Re: telnet outside

From: L Ekman (emil71se@yahoo.com)
Date: 04/12/03

From: "L Ekman" <emil71se@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 15:20:30 GMT

sinapsi <info@zam.it> wrote:
> I would like that users could telnet only to localhost (like telnet to their
> eggdrop) but never telnet outside.
> How can I set this?

As last rule;
-A INPUT -m limit --limit 12/minute --limit-burst 20 -j LOG

will log packets that drop through to the default policy.
The "limit" stuff is to prevent the logs from overflow on
a DoS attack or similar.

/L Ekman

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Solaris 2.6, 7, 8
    ... telnet> environ define TTYPROMPT abcdef ... Connected to localhost. ... > telnet> environ define TTYPROMPT abcdef ... > Connected to localhost. ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: how to enable localhost and apache in slackware.
    ... application achieves connectivity to localhost once you ping it? ... system using telnet or lynx I get access denied. ... Do you have a restrictive firewall interfering with packet flow? ... Have you configured your web server to service requests from the loopback ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: how to enable localhost and apache in slackware.
    ... returned from localhost? ... system using telnet or lynx I get access denied. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: clamd after upgrade to 0.83
    ... clamd.conf for placing the PID file. ... I cannot connect to the localhost as ... esmtp# telnet localhost 3310 ... telnet: connect to address::1: Connection refused ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • [opensuse] cant get to port 25
    ... I can telnet localhost 25 can connect to postfix, ... I do have port 25 open in the firewall. ...
    (SuSE)