Iptables and DNS

From: neptuna (jkipp5@comcast.net)
Date: 04/11/03

From: "neptuna" <jkipp5@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 18:43:07 -0400

Hi
My iptables firewall script works well. I have a default deny policy but
have opened up ports for services i offer. However DNS does not work. I
allowed connections to UDP 53, but no go. Is there another range of ports i
need to open. Http and ftp work fine with what I am using.

Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Iptables and DNS
    ... I have a default deny policy but ... > have opened up ports for services i offer. ... However DNS does not work. ... Http and ftp work fine with what I am using. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Iptables and DNS
    ... > Hi My iptables firewall script works well. ... > deny policy but have opened up ports for services i offer. ... Is there another range of ports i need to open. ... Look through your DNS configuration and make sure that you didn't ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Is This Normal DNS Behavior on a Server2003 SP2 Domain Controller
    ... Protection against the Microsoft DNS Cache Poisoning Vulnerability ... These response or service ports, are used by all Windows communications. ... How to reserve a range of ephemeral ports on a computer that is running Windows Server 2003 or Windows 2000 Server ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
  • Re: Issue with port blocking on public DNS server
    ... I am talking about the "Destination Ports" in the "Responses to local DNS ... names (other then the domain names in my own DNS server) on the servers. ... Filtering outbound requests on port 53 FROM the DNS to the Internet ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
  • Re: Connecting to Linux machine remotely
    ... The way to connect to a machine from a remote location is via ssh. ... want to connect from which queries the dns server of my ISP every 5 min ... ]> need you can forward tcp ports through ssh. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)