Linux Filesystem and Security of Files

From: xlendar (ozataman@hotmail.com)
Date: 04/09/03

From: ozataman@hotmail.com (xlendar)
Date: 9 Apr 2003 13:32:33 -0700

Hello everyone,

I have a question. Lets sat that the root of a linux system has some
files that are meant to be private. He creates a folder and puts those
files in that folder. Naturally, other users cannot access these
files. (Permissions are accordingly adjusted)

If someone comes, opens the box, gets the hard drive and plugs it in
to another machine. Would he be able to access the files? Or would the
filesystem still prevent the access unless the required password (root
password) is provided? (I mean logging into the system as root)

Relevant Pages

  • Linux Filesystem and Security of Files
    ... Lets sat that the root of a linux system has some ... He creates a folder and puts those ... filesystem still prevent the access unless the required password (root ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Linux Filesystem and Security of Files
    ... xlendar wrote: ... Lets sat that the root of a linux system ... > folder and puts those files in that folder. ...
    ... Lets sat that the root of a linux system has some ... He creates a folder and puts those ... Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Linux Filesystem and Security of Files
    ... Lets sat that the root of a linux system has some ... > files that are meant to be private. ... He creates a folder and puts those ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Page and Images not found on Localhost
    ... I didn't know that even images could be declared as server controls. ... which may not have been declared as a server control. ... I designated the "project" folder as an application in IIS. ... is the root for anything under it. ...