Re: chkrootkit error on install

From: Kenneth A Kauffman (
Date: 04/02/03

From: "Kenneth A Kauffman" <>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 19:02:03 GMT

"LHradowy" <> wrote in message
> <> wrote in message
> > In comp.os.linux.misc LHradowy <> wrote:
> > > make: gcc: Command not found
> >
> > It can't found your compiler. Check if the compiler is installed
> > and the PATH is correct.
> >
> > Davide
> Thank you, how do I do that, how do I check if the compiler is
> and in the path?

which gcc

should result in not found

to locate it:

du -a /usr | grep bin | grep gcc

to add it to path, edit your .profile to include

export PATH=/path/to/gcc:$PATH

if not installed, install it. :)

ken k

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Clang error make buildworld
    ... # CFLAGS controls the compiler settings used when compiling C code. ... # or supported for compiling the world or the kernel - please revert any ... # CXXFLAGS controls the compiler settings used when compiling C++ code. ... # The list of languages and encodings to build and install ...
  • problems about gcc installation
    ... i need to install gcc, and when i install it, the following problems ... configure: loading cache ./config.cache ... checking for C compiler default output file name... ... checking whether the linker supports shared libraries... ...
  • [RESOLVED] DBD::mysql unresolved symbol _intel_fast_memcpy & mysql-standard-5.0.22-l
    ... Some of you may have wanted to build and install the DBD::mysql ... Mysql**, "...the MySQL Community Server compiled with the Intel CC ... Server compiled with the Intel CC compiler exhibit faster performance ... I will use the following settings for compiling and testing: ...
  • Re: gcc/gnat 3.3
    ... Bootstrapping the compiler ... INSTALL_PROGRAM = $$ ... We want to ensure that TARGET libraries ... all-target-libgloss: configure-target-newlib ...
  • Re: Moving WASD from one box to another...
    ... With differing types of CPU there *are* some considerations. ... base level of V6.0 and generic compiler optimizations. ... This can be done by using the $ @INSTALL procedure on the target system once the WASD tree has been put in place. ...